Monday, November 19, 2012

Soil and Peace Festival 2012: Enchanted Japanese Permaculture life


In a little woodland forest, in the heart of Tokyo's financial district, gathered people who like digging, and people who like peace. 




A few permanent residents just enjoyed their Sunday as usual.
How is this fellow, enjoying the Autumn Sun? His towel-hat getup gives him the privacy of his own room.  Tokyo homeless are resourceful, and lateral-thinking designers.


Pretty Things

Lotus pod with felt 

Tsuji-san, leader of the Sloth Club

Lots of Sloths for hanging around

Her babies

Her business



Entertaining Things


Beautiful Bouncy Bamboo playground for children. 


Yae-san is an originator of this event.
She runs an organic farm Kingdom in Kamogawa.
Her music is captivating,  Irish in spirit, to me.

Natural-powered music: bike energy and whistling


Look mum, no batteries!


Home-made technology: Slingshot 

More Farmers






Watching the Homeless do their thing



The cat is mine

No No No. The cat is mine



Rick Tanaka

With rather amazing Manbag

Organic means Organized: Splendid self-sufficiency
(to be further explored in my next post)

Rick just translated David Holmgren's epic
'Permaculture Pathways and Principles'


Hemp




Henna Candles

Magic energising circle.
The liquid is hemp-crystal-essence water



Hempy stylish lady

Everything coordinates


Pretty Japanese dog

Timber actually purchased from Japan, not stolen.



Urban Farming Panel. One of us is from Tokyo University


What was my contribution?

There were some stalls from Fukushima there, selling their delicious Rice and Mushrooms. 
'Thank-you for buying our food' they said, when I took some rice and mushrooms. 
Food they worked so hard to grow for me.

We are here for clean organic food.
Most Japanese understandably don't want to eat food from radiation-devastated Fukushima.
Even if its safe.

Who knows what to do?

In my panel discussion, I did some 'advertorial' for my upcoming  'Permaculture communication' workshop on Nov 28th.  
I mentioned how its great to eat poison-free food, but if we follow the meal by getting angry over who will wash the dishes, we are poisoning ourselves 'self-sufficiantly' with brain chemicals, and are back to where we started.

We don't have an environment problem, we have a communication problem.

We don't have all the solutions. But I always feel trust for whatever path non-dogmatic, ever flexible Permaculture opens up for me.



















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks once again for sharing your view on the world :)

Cecilia Macaulay said...

You are most welcome.
Id love to know which part of what I do is valuable to you - tell me. Then I can do more of it : )